|Meeting Slides||RFC Series Oversight Committee (RSOC) (rfcedprog) IAB ASG|
|Date and time||2022-01-01 14:00|
|Other versions||plain text|
RFC SERIES OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE (RSOC) January 13, 2016 RSOC Meeting Reported by: Cindy Morgan, IETF Secretariat ATTENDEES --------------------------------- - Sarah Banks (Chair) - Nevil Brownlee - Heather Flanagan (RSE, non-voting) - Joel Halpern - Tony Hansen - Joe Hildebrand - Bob Hinden - Alexey Melnikov - Cindy Morgan (Scribe, non-voting) - Ray Pelletier (IAOC Liaison, non-voting) - Robert Sparks (Lead) MINUTES --------------------------------- 0. Review of minutes The minutes of the 9 December 2015 RSOC meeting were approved. 1. Agenda bash Items on dates and non-ASCII Latin+ characters were added to the format question discussion. Bob Hinden asked if the RSOC would be meeting at IETF 95 in Buenos Aires. After discussion, the RSOC agreed to meet in Buenos Aires. 2. Highlights from 2015 Heather Flanagan reviewed some of the RSOC's highlights from 2015: - The RFC Format project hit a milestone for having all the documents ready for Last Call and the SoWs prepared. - A mew SoW was designed for the RPC, and the RPC vendor selection committee successfully concluded. - Google Scholar indexing of RFCs was completed. - DOI assignments on RFCS were completed. - The RFC Editor website migration was completed. - The first RFC Editor project (RSS feed for digital preservation) taken through the code sprint. - Various enhancements were made to things like the cluster page, errata process and forms, search tools and changes as required by the new ART area. 3. Format questions The RSOC discussed open questions on the format drafts. - Who decides about things like allowable non-ASCII characters, browser versions used for testing, etc? The RSOC concluded that in order to keep the series as a whole consistent, the RSE should be responsible. - Is an ASCII version required for names that use non-ASCII and Latin+ characters? Heather Flanagan said that for names that include characters outside of the Unicode Latin and Latin Extended script, an author-provided, ASCII-only identifier is required to assist in search and indexing of the document. - Should the RFC 3339 format be used for dates in RFCs? Heather Flanagan said that she is not inclined to make changes to the date format in RFCs, although she does understand the desire to use RFC 3339. However, the current date format is not ambiguous, and changing it would not add significant value to the format. Joe Hildebrand took an action to reply to the current thread on the design team list. Heather Flanagan will ask the RSAG if there are similar issues that should be considered. 4. Project Updates 4.1. RFC Format project (Document status) Heather Flanagan reported that the IAB has been reviewing the format documents, and comments are still coming in. She has asked the IAB to put this back on their agenda in two weeks to evaluate if these are ready for community review. 4.2. Stats & Metrics (SOW update) The RFP for the stats and metrics project went out on 29 December 2015; formal responses are due by 18 January 2016. 4.3. Infrastructure planning Heather Flanagan reported that she has set up a call for next week with Robert Sparks, Joe Hildebrand, Alice Russo, and Sandy Ginoza to start working on the infrastructure planning. Heather will set up a wiki page to capture the details. 5. RSOC Chair and IAB call attendance After a brief discussion the RSOC agreed to remove the RSOC chair from the list of required attendees for IAB meetings. 6. AOB Sarah Banks reminded the RSOC that future teleconferences will include an executive session to discuss the RSE contract. Heather Flanagan noted that she will attend APAN in Manila 25 - 29 January 2016.