Multiprotocol Label Switching (mpls)
Charter for Working Group
The MPLS working group is responsible for standardizing
The working group's responsibilities include procedures and
The current WG focus areas and work items are:
- Maintain existing MPLS requirements, mechanisms, and protocols,
- Evolve key MPLS protocols, including LDP, tLDP, mLDP, RSVP-TE
- Document MPLS-specific aspects of traffic engineering including
- Coordinate the work on RSVP-TE with CCAMP and TEAS. In the cases
- Define data models for MPLS working group related solutions.
- Define an overall OAM framework for topology-driven, traffic
- Define the necessary extensions for MPLS key protocols for dual-
- Document current implementation practices for MPLS load sharing.
- Document mechanisms for securing MPLS protocols and data plane.
- Document mechanisms for adding multi-topology support to existing
- Define the necessary protection protocols and scenarios for transport
- Document use cases for MPLS protocols.
+ 1 new milestone currently in Area Director review.